Leonard Steinfeld Pediatric Cardiology Research Symposium
Prior Year's Abstracts
- Abstract submission is free of
charge. However, any expenses associated with the presentation of an
abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
- Abstracts previously presented
(since May 2016) are acceptable and welcome. No case reports, please.
- Abstract submission constitutes a
commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted.
- Submitted abstracts will be
peer-reviewed (in a blinded manner) by a panel of judges. Selections for
presentation will be based solely on scientific merit.
- Accepted abstracts will be
presented as a poster on the evening of May 24th at Mount
Sinai; presenting authors will be required to attend their poster during
- Two (2) abstracts will be chosen
for a 10-15 minute oral presentation. Each will be awarded a “best abstract”
prize of $250 with a commemorative plaque.
- Poster boards will be provided –
usable space on the poster boards is 46 x 94 inches.
- Abstract submission deadline: 11:59 PM Eastern
Standard Time on March 31st, 2017.
- Notification of acceptance: April 25th, 2017.
- Authors must follow all
instructions for completing the abstract submission form. Please click on
this link: "Abstract Submission Form" to fill out and submit the form.
Content and Format
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words
(not including title,
authors, or tables/graphics).
- Tables/graphics: Up to two (2)
tables and/or graphics are encouraged if they are relevant to the research
submitted. These should be sent as a separate Word attachment (with author
name and title of abstract) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abbreviations: Please place
abbreviations in parentheses after the full word or phrase the first time
it appears. No abbreviations should appear in the title.
- Content of abstract body should
be structured into the following five (5) sections:
- Do not include authors or
- Please proofread abstracts
carefully to avoid errors. Thank you and good luck!